Are you looking for a cloud host that is both economical and simple to use? Linode and Vultr are two cloud companies that come to mind when looking for a low-cost virtual private server. They deliver amazing services and ensure that the end-user has a positive experience. A full comparison of these two VPS providers is provided below to assist you in selecting the best cloud hosting for your business or project.
What is Linode?
Linode is a cloud hosting company that specializes in offering Linux-based virtual machines that can run a variety of applications. Many experts believe it is not beginner-friendly due to its origins. Similarly, we have another hosting company called Vultr. Now let’s have a discussion on Linode vs Vultr.
Reasons why developers love Linode-
- Affordable Cloud Computing
- Award-Winning Customer Support
- Powered by Linux
- Handle tasks in Cloud Manager
- open support tickets
- manage network IP addresses
- configure node balancers
- deploy Kubernetes cluster
- manage invoices
What is Vultr?
Cloud computing has become increasingly popular in a variety of businesses, including retail, travel, telecommunications, banking, and pharmaceuticals. Businesses choose vendors who provide a wide range of cloud hosting services, and Vultr is a reputable name in this regard.
Reasons why developers love Vultr –
- Geographic Footprint
- One-Click Apps
- Full Resource Control
- Upload ISO / Mount ISO
- Linux, Windows, and BSD
- No long term contracts
Vultr offers high-performance SSD cloud servers and aims to deliver reliable and efficient service, paired with what it describes as “blazing fast” speed at deployment and beyond. Perhaps most similar to Packet, Vultr offers a bare metal configuration as well — what makes it different, however, is that it also offers virtualization-based instances.
Who is best at what?
As we know that Vultr and Linode are both virtual private server hosting companies that provide services. So let’s have a glance at which one is more better and suitable for users – Linode has been in the market for quite a while now whereas Vultr is more recent than Linode. These hosting companies are constantly coming up with updates to help businesses and developers. Many people have said that Vultr has reliability issues like problems with the uptime but research showed that those users overloaded their servers hence Vultr runs very smoothly with 100% uptime if used properly.
- Talking about speed Vultr HF(high frequency) offers much higher speed than Linode at the almost same price.
- Another point to be noted is that vultr has more data centres (around 21) than Linode (around 11) which makes it a much better choice since there is more ease to host on servers which are more close to your locality.
- Vultr also has bare metal cloud servers which linode doesn’t have. So its also a plus in the favour of vultr.
- Vultr has also won 1st best VPS award in both 2020 and in 2021 while linode has won the award of 2nd best in the same category.
- The provider consistency score shows how much variation can be expected between 2 servers of the same type at the same provider. Along with this it also provides a high consistency score (>65) that means the performance of all servers of the provider is consistent over many trials and many plans. So consistency score of vultr is 62 while for linode is 60.
- There are few features that only Linode provides i.e 100% free human support, Cloud GPU’s and Latest AMD CPU’s. Also it has managed Kubernetes which is obviously a plus point. Also the Linode is working on managed databases which will be coming soon.
|1. Stability||Linode has a very high uptime and they guarantee 99.99 percent uptime, which is comparable to the criteria set by other market participants. To protect users’ interests in the event of unforeseen situations, the company offers pro-rata credit depending on downtime. moreover, when it comes to stability||Vultr does not have a good reputation in the market. To begin with, they only guarantee 99.95 percent uptime, when other players aim for 99.99 percent. They do not have the finest uptime, but it will suffice for the vast majority of consumers. If the uptime of your organization is critical then we recommend looking into other VPS hosting options.|
|2. Backup||Linode is a more expensive backup option. It offers backup for a quarter of the cost of a node. This implies you’ll have to spend an extra $2.5 each month for a $10 plan. Manual snapshots, on the other hand, are free on Linode.||Vultr also allows users to perform manual backups. The automatic backups, on the other hand, have a base rate that is 20% greater than the hourly/monthly fee|
|3. Customer Support||Linode assists with email and tickets. They also assist with phone calls and you can also connect with others by chatting on IRC.||Vultr provides help via a ticket system that may be accessed immediately from the dashboard.|
Linode has no hidden fees or lock-ins, and its pricing is the same across all of its data centers. You can get 1GB for $5 per month and up to $480 per month for 96GB. If you go with the basic plan, you can have up to 192GB of RAM. Linode also offers advanced plans, such as CPU or Dedicated GPU. The platform has a 7-day free trial period that you may use to try it out.
Vultr’s pricing is based on an hourly basis, so you’ll only pay for what you use. The monthly restrictions are set at 28 days, and you’ll never have to pay more than 672 hours in a month. You may start using Vultr for only $2.5 per month, and you’ll get $5 to try out the platform when you sign up.
|Block storage function||yes||yes|
|User-friendly cloud interface||yes||yes|
|Latest AMD CPUs||yes||No|
|Average provisioning time||61s||60s|
|Provide Cloud GPUs||yes||no|
|Total number of data centers||11||21|
|Best CPUs||AMD EPYC 7642 48-Core Processor||Intel Core Processor (Broadwell, no TSX, IBRS)|
Also, read about Rapidly Growing Programming Languages